Translate

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

News from an old friend

We received this email a few days ago from Monique Stam of Holland. We always will remember Monique and Scout. She had fallen in love with him while attending a riding camp in California. Her parents helped arrange to buy him for her and we had the privilege of taking him to Amsterdam for her. It was such fun for us to see the look on her face when she was reunited with her equine friend at Schiphol Airport back in 2008.

Monique wr


ote:

I’m not sure if you remember me but I’m the girl who took the great pinto Scout to Holland in 2007-2008.

I hope you are doing fine! I just read an message on a Dutch Horse forum that somebody got 2 pinto’s out of Texas and I asked her if she had done that with you. And she did! How great is that!

So I just thought, maybe you like a short update…

I had such a great time with Scout! I never noticed that Scout have done a big trip around the world. He was just to Holland like he always has live here. We had some great years together.

We did a lot of riding in the forest and dressage. We won 3 dressage competitions and one includes a cross country! Everybody loved him and asked where he came from. I always said he came all the way from California to Texas and then to Holland. I always mentioned that you guys did a great job ;)

Unfortunately a year ago he got lame. We went to the vet and the discovered that he had a serious way of bone spavin/arthritis in both of his hind legs. Normally they can give him an injection but his case was so serious that it wouldn’t help. So we put him in the pasture for almost a year and hope with rest and just some walking he could live with it. In May this year it got more serious and when he tried to canter in his pasture (I was running and playing with him) he just stopped and couldn’t move one of his legs. At that moment I knew it was over. We went to the vet and he took x-rays again. The bone spavin/arthritis was more serious that the year before and the vet said it was the worst case of spavin he ever saw. So we took him home and in the weeks after we said goodbye. We took some beautiful pictures with him and in July we put him down. I stayed with him to the end and he was so calm, like he would say, it’s okay.

I still miss him so so much!!! He was sooo special! I think I never get a horse like he was!

I’m now looking for his bloodlines etc. just to get more information about him. I’m even wondering if there are any filly’s of him walking around somewhere…

Well, just want to let you know how this beautiful fairy tail ended. Unfortunately not the way it should but having him here with me the last few years were like a dream come true…

Hope you are doing great !! I attached three pictures of him, the first 2 were made a week before we put him down, the other one I think from 2 years ago.

Monique

No comments:

Post a Comment